* One-of-a-Kind *
* Handmade *
* Many Different Styles and Colors *

Order from Etsy.com using Paypal or credit card.
Other payment options may include check and money order.

Questions? Send me an email at sm_cohn (at) hotmail.com.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Orange and Green Spring Bling

Orange and green are such cheerful colors together. I couldn't resist purchasing a couple of handmade _Golem Design Studio_ ceramic beads featuring those two colors with white in a bright, spring flower design. These rectangular beads are double drilled through the sides, so I had to give some thought to how I might use them in a piece -- or pieces -- of jewelry.

My solution was to create two similar yet different bracelets.


Both bracelets incorporate the Golem Design Studio ceramic bead along with dyed coral disk beads in bright orange and green to accentuate the colors of the focal bead.

For one of the bracelets, I then alternated 4mm green catseye beads with tiny white vintage 1940s pearl beads:


For the other bracelet, I alternated frosted orange Miyuki seeds beads with the vintage pearls.


Because the green catseye beads are slightly larger in diameter than the orange seed beads, the green bracelet is slightly larger than the orange one, but both are adjustable using the extender chain.

It's important to know exactly what size you prefer before ordering a bracelet. Using a flexible measuring tape, measure just above (towards elbow) the wrist bone, then add 1/4" to 1" (1/2" is average) depending on how tight you like your bracelets to fit. That is the size bracelet you would wear. Personally, I like my bracelets to fit fairly snugly. My wrist measures 6 inches, so I usually like a size 6-1/4" or maybe size 6-1/2" bracelet.

These bracelets -- along with lots of other bracelets, necklaces, and earrings -- are available from my 
or 
store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!