* One-of-a-Kind *
* Handmade *
* Many Different Styles and Colors *

Order from Etsy.com using Paypal or credit card.
Other payment options may include check and money order.

Questions? Send me an email at sm_cohn (at) hotmail.com.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Adventures with Handmade Ceramic Beads - Part 1

What happens when you hang out at the _Ceramic Art Bead Market_ on Facebook? You get to see amazing, gorgeous, fascinating, delightful creations by some truly talented ceramic bead designers! (And you also run the risk of spending a lot of money... but let's not dwell on that!)

I am having such fun bidding on beads and, if I win the bid, making them into unique pieces of jewelry that express a wide variety of moods, tones, and fashion statements.

For example....

Look at these wonderful handmade green ceramic beads from _NKP Designs_.


I decided to create a necklace I call “Secret Garden” using AB amethyst faceted round glass beads with the handmade ceramic clay beads in different sizes and shades of  apple green, asparagus, avocado, fern green, pistachio, and anjou pear. Antiqued silver bead caps from my friends at Sturee Tribal Village embrace the large central bead.


To purchase this necklace through my Etsy shop, click HERE.
To purchase through my ArtFire shop, click HERE.

I chose amethyst faceted glass rounds to add the suggestion of lilacs to the glorious greens in this secret garden. A lovely 7/16 inch purple and green silk ribbon called “Monet” brings these two colors together. Silvery light gray Crystazzi pearls contribute shimmer and shine. Continuing the antiqued silver tone set by the bead caps are large hammered rings, chain, and an ornate teardrop toggle clasp. The necklace measures 22-1/2 inches in length.


The color green soothes and relaxes us mentally. It can symbolize abundance, prosperity, hope, life, and nature. The color purple is said to symbolize wisdom, inspiration, spirituality, royalty, mystery, and magic.


Stay tuned for more of my "Adventures with Handmade Ceramic Beads"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!